Warranty Terms & Conditions
Skim-A-Round warrants it's products free from defects in materials and workmanship.
The Skim-A-Round "ALL-IN-ONE" comes with a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. This warranty covers early material degradation and structural defects that occur during normal use. The warranty does not cover discoloration due to use in chlorinated water or any damage caused by improper use, installation, maintenance or handling of the product. Any damage caused by improper water chemistry is not covered under this warranty. Parts that become defective during the warranty period except as a result of improper use, installation, maintenance or handling of the product will be repaired or replaced.
The "Original", "As Vac Attachment" & "Ultimate" models come with a 1-Year Warranty on all parts. This warranty covers early material degradation and structural defects. The warranty does not cover discoloration due to use in chlorinated water or any damage caused by improper use, installation, maintenance or handling of the product. Any damage caused by improper water chemistry is not covered under this warranty. Parts that become defective during the warranty period except as a result of improper use, installation, maintenance or handling of the product will be repaired or replaced.
Under this warranty, any defective/damaged parts will be exchanged, at no charge to the customer. This warranty does not extend the 15-day trial period, and does not provide pre-paid postage for refunds, under any circumstance. Under this warranty, all necessary replacement parts will be shipped from Skim-A-Round, Inc. via USPS to the customer, at no charge, along with a pre-paid USPS shipping label, to exchange the damaged item. Under no circumstances, will pre-paid postage be issued to return an item for a refund - Only to exchange the damaged item. To initiate the exchange process, please fill out the Warranty Claim Form. You will receive confirmation that the replacement part has shipped, within 24 hours.
This limited warranty is only extended to the original purchaser (consumer) and only during the time in which the original purchaser occupies the premises where the cleaner was originally installed. It does not apply to any subsequent purchasers or recipients of the cleaner.
1. This limited liability warranty includes the replacement of parts due to normal wear but does not include cosmetic situations including but not limited to: discoloration or fading due to sunlight or chemicals, scratches, scuffs, etc.
2. This limited warranty does not cover any loss, damage, injury, or malfunction of the equipment due to the failure to properly maintain and or operate the cleaner, or alteration of the equipment, tampering, and act of God, abuse, misuse, negligence, omissions.
3. This cleaner is intended for a properly designed and maintained swimming pool. This limited warranty does not cover pools that have a defective design, are improperly maintained (chlorine levels above 10ppm), and are inappropriate for the Skim-A-Round.
4. This limited warranty does not cover damage or injury from improper installation, pump running dry, damage due to loss of prime or plugged pipes.
5. This limited warranty does not cover any change in appearance, damage, malfunction due to chemical reactions, etc.
6. Skim-A-Round is not responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience or any consequential expenses such as telephone calls, labor, etc., unless required by law.
7. Deterioration, discoloration or brittleness of pool plaster and vinyl liners can be caused over time separately by or in combination with, age and an imbalance in pool water chemistry, improper installation and other factors. Skim-A-Round hereby disclaims any and all claims, and purchaser releases Skim-A-Round from any and all claims for damages to any pool plaster or vinyl liner in purchaser’s pool by reason of the use and/or operation of the cleaner.
8. This limited warranty is only valid in the USA and Canada.
9. This limited warranty is in lieu of any other warranties express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness. Any such implied warranty imposed by state consumer law is limited in duration to one year from date of purchase.